Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A little more of Russia.


Blogger is not publishing photos or saving my words..  All that work down the drain!  I'll keep working on it to get it sorted.


The Gypsy women with their baby wrapped in a white sheet,  tied around them both were begging and that was hard for me.  I swear they share that same baby around them!  And it looked drugged as I never saw a baby awake.

There was a lovely boy who face and body was badly burn scarred. He loved talking to us as we did to him and he helped load our luggage so got lots of roubles from us. I just hoped he got to keep them and not have to pass them over to some pimp.

The women of Moscow were the most elegant and best groomed I have ever seen.  Wonderful tailored suits and long coats, leather boots to die for, shining styled hair and perfect make up.
How ever, most women were rude.  


The men were nice so maybe it was that we were travelling and free with choices and they were not.  We were a nice bunch and loved every thing! Not a snooty or rude one among us.   Some of us bought freshly baked bread from a tiny free standing hut with a hole in the wall to be served from. We all had the correct change ready after watching the locals hand over   their money so when my turn came I asked for a loaf and gave her the money. She took it and then roughly shoved the loaf at me.  I just smiled at her knowing what a hard life they have.  The bread was delicious..  Should have bought two loaves as the bread at the hotel was rock hard.
 
We drove to a look out and there were 7 bridal parties getting photographs taken. Once again.... how lucky were we to be there on  "the wedding day"?   What handsome couples too.

We visited a church,  [can't remember where ]  where there were men with sonic measuring equipment looking for burial sites under the church.  I looked over their shoulders at the monitor and could pick out an oblong shape that was  different to the rest of the screen.   A fellow said it was a coffin space.  I wonder if they ever excavated the site and what  they found out.

 Tsar Nicholas 11 with his wife Alexandra and children.  They were executed by the Bolsheviks oh 17th July 1918. Nicholas was 50.


2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I think that blogger is saving your posts but the reason they aren't all showing probably has something to do with how you have things saved in your settings.

If you click on 'settings' on the blogger start page, then click on 'posts and comments' the top line says 'show at most' (then there is a number...mine says 7), then the next says either posts/days...I have the word 'posts' selected.

I hope this helps.

Elephant's Child said...

Hi, Thanks for visiting me. I followed you home. That sounds like quite a trip.