Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Fruit dehydrating and land grabbing.


The days are just  skipping along!
  My last two days have been taken up with prepping and dehydrating some fruit and vegetables that were given to me. 
The smell of the fruit has brought in the flies and I HATE flies!!!  They are being drowned in fly spray.
I have yet to find a fly spray that actually kills flies and other flying insects as  stated on the label.

I have bananas, kiwi fruit, beans and mangos on the go.  I  even dried some Granny Smith apples.

[I'm having trouble with my writing just running out of sight on the right hand side..
If I get frustrated, I will be posting a smaller post!!]

  The humid weather is here now but we  have had some great showers. It doesn't cool it down
at all, only makes it look cool....   Not a big fan of hot and sweaty..

Around Australia's capital city, Canberra there was a nasty, nasty storm, last night with strong winds and hail.  Not a good thing but it will decrease the fire danger. Crops of wheat, stone fruits
and wine grapes will be damaged.  I would hate to be a farmer. If you are lucky enough to get a bumper crop, the prices are down.  OR it will be rain damaged!

  Now the Australian Government is hell bent on allowing the mining giants in on your private freehold land and they don't need your permission.  We are fighting tooth and nail to
retain the good farming lands.   I am becoming so vindictive that I'm wishing ill upon the Labor Government and The Greens political parties.  Personal, nasty things to happen to them!

Australia is one big tinder box this time of the year. We've had so much rain earlier in
the year that caused wonderful growth of grasses that is now dried and ready to cause havoc
if lit.    We have an abundance of dickheads that light fires for the hell of it!

Well... pyromaniacs....   too nice a word to be wasted on the low life they are...













No comments: