Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Headaches and Holidays.

I have a headache. Not a bad one, just enough to stop me from getting on with my sewing.
I've taken a couple of pain killers and as soon as they kick in I'll get back to it.  I'm making covers for little neck pillows for my young friend's three littlies to use while in their car seats. They love them.
Their Mum used them for a week to see if they would help. They did so now I'm doing the covers.

It's a great day for any craft, cooking or sewing here. Raining steadily and lots cooler. It might be the start of the Wet Season.
  Last year there were horrendous flooding nearly all over Queensland with many lives lost. We were held up for two weeks as all the roads north were cut and no vehicles were getting through. As soon as the first semi trailer was allowed through, we packed and were gone in a flash the next morning at 4 am!  10 hours later we were home with no mishaps.
 
I don't want to go anywhere until it is cooler. I have two vacations planned and accommodation booked.
Time to be spent in Cairns and then Bagara Beach near Bundaberg. Cairns and it's surrounding area is Paradise.  Beautiful scenery, lots of  touristy things to do and beaches.   Mountains and rivers and crocodiles!    It is a nine hour drive north from here  with a few boring stretches.   I'll have to start thinking of my holiday wardrobe.  Cool and uncrushable if there is such a fabric.

I've had my cuppa,  now for a good lie down.  The pain will be gone in no time.

No comments: