Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Rest in Peace, Liza. A brutal man, 2 little children and a suicide = a tragic mess and tremendous sadness and anger.

   

I absolutely loathe men who hit women and children and animals.  They are lower than shark's shit on the ocean floor.

I attended the funeral yesterday of my 19 year old little friend,  Liza.


 Many hearts were broken  as we watched her children play around her coffin.
 A beautiful white coffin with an exquisite,  display of pink and white roses on top.  A photograph of their very pretty Mummy  sat in front of the flowers.    

 Liza  had been punched and bullied over a few years by her low life of a partner.
  I never knew this was happening until a few days ago!   A lot of other people knew.   Why didn't they do something about it?     My son knew!    She came to  his place for refuge!  I'm the type who stands up and defends the underdog and animals so were they going to be very embarrassed by my actions if they had told me?  Do the police know?  What can be done now that she's gone?   Did her father and two brothers know?   The useless  weak gutted woman basher has not been seen since.  

    

She has always been  a troubled girl.   When Liza was 4 , her mother decided life was too hard and too sad and this has had so much impact on her life.  

 Liza has two children.  A beautiful little girl, 2/3 years old and a baby boy who will be 1 year old on the 25th of this month.

Two different fathers but Liza was not promiscuous.   She just believed what they said!
The father of the little boy wanted custody of him.   Did he bully and bash Liza until she gave in????
She had her Dad's car because the arsehole of a boyfriend had crashed hers, and drove to pick her son up for the day.   The boyfriend refused.     This tipped her over the edge.

   Liza then drove about 15 kilometres to a creek near where it runs into the ocean,  got the rope out of the car,  tied it to the tree that grew in front of where her Dad's pro fishing boat used to be moored and where her 15 year old cousin hung herself about 6 years ago after taking 2 anti depressant pills a doctor had prescribed for her mild depression and hung herself.   

So now... we have a large extended family grieving and most likely can't stop thinking that they did not do enough to help her.    How many knew?

THERE ARE NO WINNERS HERE.

I just broke down sobbing when I saw the little girl who saw her baby brother arrive for the funeral.

She  just hugged  and kissed him and then automatically went to take over pushing the pram as she did when Mum was pushing it.   Are these two now going to be separated for life?    I don't think so as there are aunts and female cousins and grand mothers who surely will do their best to keep them together or see as much of each other as possible.

There is a lot more to the story of Liza's life but it is not mine to tell.

Please... if you know someone is hurting.... step in and help.

If you ask them how they are, they will usually say that they are fine.  It's a matter of keeping alert to little signs and sometimes taking over.  Mother's of little ones suffer sleep deprivation and sometimes lack of social interaction.  This can be a killer.   Even offering 1 hours break will help.

I'm sorry for the mistakes and disjointed writing.  It's not easy through a fog of sadness and anger with many tears falling.

Take care and take care of each other....  please.




10 comments:

Sewconsult said...

Such a sad story. I hope that the little ones will be able to be connected for the rest of their lives. I hope that the men who mistreated their mother will rot in hell when their time comes.
Beckie

Lydia La La said...

Thank you for that Beckie. Me too. I cry every time I remember them. I'm crying a lot.

Janet, said...

How terrible. We never know what is in people's minds and need to be watchful at all times. A little love can go a long way.

Lydia La La said...

I wonder what makes people cover up violence? I say bring it out into the open and speak out, Janet.

Eccentricess said...

So sad to hear. It's terrifying that women are still oppressed by self centered, empathy lacking, selfish men, with violence.
I hope the families can fight for the sibllings to be together. For my Brother in law, getting to see his brother once a week was enough to ensure he knew he was always loved.
*hugs* to you.

Sharon @ Funken Wagnel said...

What a dreadfully sad time for all of you:( My deepest condolences, and I wish you and all your family all the strength you'll need to gather the peices back up together again.

Please, do not blame yourself.

Myst_72 said...

I'm so sorry Lydia. Tragic :( xx

Karen said...

Poor little mites, without a Mum at such a young age. We never know what's going on behind closed doors, but if we have an idea, we should act on it, it may save someones life. RIP Lisa - you deserved better.

Lydia La La said...

Thank you for your support, lovely women. This has rocked the whole town.
I am spreading the word of the 'whys' of Lisa's death to any one who will listen. This bastard will not get away with this with out some repercussions.
I've emailed all the photos and videos I took at her funeral. I know this seems macbre but it is for the children in later life to look at. I was crying so much I couldn't see the camera settings and some are blurry. I had feckin 'close up' when it should have been 'auto'. Bugger... Thank you so much, guys. XXOO

Deb @ Bright and Precious said...

Gosh, just catching up with your posts now Lydia and I'm so so sorry to read this. Poor Liza - what a sad sad story. And your love for her and her kids is beautiful. Lots of love to you. x