Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

It's raining again and again and again!

 




The rain in Spain is mainly falling in the UK and Queensland....   
  I love rain.  It brings out the creative side in me and seems to just put every thing else on hold.  
   I planned to pick the ripe coffee cherries.       Too wet for that.

I have been sewing and now I can't use my sewing room comfortably because the vinyl flooring is sweating.    The concrete under it must be warmer than the atmosphere  or vice versa.  I mopped it then put the wall fan on it for over 2 hours and not an ounce of difference!!!
  Nothing else in the room feels damp. I'm hoping for some sunny days to dry it out plus any fabric that may feel a little damp.    The sewing room is an area that has been enclosed and lined under our house on stilts.   I've not had this problem before but  this winter rain is so out of the norm.   We get our rains mostly during Dec. to March.
 
courtesy of google images.

The older homes in the tropics were built on stilts to allow the breezes to cool them in the hot summers and also to give more space to use.     Our home was built around 1907 and is called a Worker's Cottage.      It is charming.

5 comments:

Sewconsult said...

Hate humidity. Living in Tennessee, we get more than our fair share of humidity. We have two humidifers going all the time in the Spring thru the Fall. Actually it runs unless the humidity drops below 40%. Lately, I have to dump the upstairs one every 9 hrs. We have had rain for the last 4 days, but I am not complaining. We have had little rain since the beginning of June. Our lawn guy mowed since then. Hope you dry out soon and get back to sewing.
Beckie

Lydia La La said...

I really hate the humidity too. Do your humidifiers work well or is aircon. the better way to go? I don't know anyone with an humidifier so maybe we can't buy them in Oz. Glad to read you have rain at last. I read where there is nearly drought conditions in 61% of the States. the sewing room is now a lot dryer so did some cutting out. xo
Lydia.

Annie said...

I've decided that we are at least going to have a dry day on 28th for M's wedding so I hope you do too so you can open the windows and doors and have a good air out.
Hugs,
A x

Laura@OurWeeFarm said...

hi! Is the picture your house - it is the spitting image of our one. It was a railway workers cottage.

Lydia La La said...

the picture isn't our house but is nearly the same. Ours must have been some kind of kit home known as worker's cottages. The original bull nose roof on the verandah was fine until a storm got it. We replaced it with colour bond bull nose. It doesn't have a fireplace as in the pic. I'll come and read your blog and thank you for visiting here.