Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Bits 'n Pieces

                                                              The Mitchell Hilton
 
The mighty chicken coop as promised... 
What do you think? 

The enclosed end has another very  secured  area so that snakes, rats, mice and any other baddies can't get to the chicks and their Mum.   It is all pest proofed.
Just a point of interest.... the screws cost 15cents each!!!   Count them and triple that amount


Coop on it's side. Notice wheels for moving.

Kumquat Jam and Jellies


 Now that I'm learning the new Blogger, I am happier!  

Thank you Blogger......
 
A  fall of rain here over night. Not enough to do a lot of good to the sugar cane crops but great for my garden!   It's still cloudy and cool.  

To-day I'm making beef jerky.

We've cut the meat into strips and into my home made marinade over night.   Have to get it dried today for some  to be taken to Melbourne tomorrow to my son. 
The Kookaburras loved the left over pieces of fat from the beef.

We have about 6 of them but only 3 took advantage of the gourmet meal!
 



.

2 comments:

Karen said...

The jam and jellies looks lovely!!!! Just perfect and asking for some toast!

Myst_72 said...

Hey :) Bad blogger I am, just catching up on some of your posts xx