Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

NICE NEIGHBOURS



The south-west view from the front verandah.
This sunflower had 26 small flowers.


We have lived near our closest neighbours for twelve and a half years.  We bought the land in 1995 but only moved here  Jan. 1999.    They live about 100 metres down the hill from us.

We keep an eye out and report any unusual happenings to each other.  We do not live in each other's pockets but if we haven't spoken for 6 months, we pick up where we left off, easily.  They are 20 years younger than us.    BUT if either of us need help it is there and vice versa.

This afternoon we had a great time chatting when she brought up some of her lovely fresh, home grown spinach.  Yummy for dinner tonight.

It made me realise that I am too lazy when it comes to maintaining friendships!  I plan to get out more and meet up with friends for coffee or have a BBQ.  My "half way through the year" resolution.

THE LOST HANDBAG...

A text arrived just after lunch today with news that the bag arrived in Cairns with everything intact!!  Love honest people.

I did some more dehydrating of frozen veges today.  

I'm hooked. 
I want to dry pineapple next.  We can't get cheaper apples, peaches or pears up north here so it would not be worth buying  a lot to dry as much as I'd love to.
We have coconuts just left where they've fallen at some of the beaches. Heaps of them.

I'd love to bring some home to dry but it's a lot of work to get that dam outer skin off.
 I know... it looks so easy on TV
Believe me, it is not.  I have never been able to do it.

This where a man comes in handy!!!




No comments: