Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

60th birthday presents for a friend.




I'm putting together a 60th birthday present of all practical gifts for my friend.
 She follows sustainability and subsistence rules.  I  go for the sustainability myself but you can keep the subsistence idea fair in your back pocket.     There is no need for that in Australia where we live. 

Plus, I can not see the rationality in spending a fortune on trying to achieve this as she has done.!   

Any way....... I have made pillowslips,  a knitting carrier that she can use for her daily hit of Sudoku, some of my favourite clothes pegs,   micro fibre dish cloths,   jars of home made jams and chutneys, home made tea towels and soap,  a journal,   some tank tops I made for her summer farming work and some Anzac bikkies and a Fruit cake.  
I know it would have been easier to just go buy a gift voucher at the local Mitre 10  [like Home Depot ] or a general clothes outlet for her present but this was fun to do.

Now to wrap them up individually and pop them in a basket for her.

6 comments:

Wimmera said...

A lovely idea for a present.

Lydia La La said...

Thank you.

Joyful said...

Great gifts you got for your friend. I'm sure she will have fun opening all her presents.

Janet, said...

What you did is a lot more thoughtful. I'd love getting gifts like that.

Lydia La La said...

She is such a recycler and can live so cheaply. Thank you.

Lydia La La said...

Janet, I would just like to get a gift! Although money will do...